Sunday, December 17, 2006

X-Country skiing at Teacup

An AMAZING Sunday in Oregon. One week before Christmas and new powder made for a picture perfect day Cross-Country skiing. Ryan tried out his new skis and Jacki went off trail and we couldn't stop smiling! Days like this make you glad to live in Oregon.

I can't put the labels on the pictures they way I want to, so here's your guide to them:
Pic 4-7 are the result of Jacki telling me, "I have a plan, and I think it involves me falling." She executed her plan perfectly and managed to not end up in the creek! I think this is what they mean by "ass end over teacup"

Pics 8-10. Jacki is oh so kindly going to just move the trees out of the way for the picture.
Turns out they don't move that easily, so instead she dangles from them, but keeps them out of the way. If you look closely in pic 10, there are arrows on the trees on either side of Ryan. One tells him go left, one tells him, go right. He's very perplexed. It is very hard to notice these arrows with Jacki dangling from the trees though.

We wrap it up with pictures in front of Hood on a gorgeous day.

We had no idea that about 30 minutes after those photos were taken they would find the snow cave of the missing climbers and the sad ending.







I jumped off something THIS BIG!













You go this way, I'll go that way

No comments: